The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Borrowed Blogger Recipe
I go to about 15 cooking blogger sites and one of my favorites is Is it EDible? Ed and I have something cute in common...our love for our puppies. I have four and Ed has one but she is a total cutie! You will see her on the front page of his site.

I have wanted to try several of Ed's recipes but this one really appealed to me. It's Orange Sherbert. What caught my attention was two of the ingredients. I don't digest milk products or sugar. Ed substituted Splenda for sugar and I used my Lactaid milk. It was perfect.

The recipe couldn't have been simplier. Below are the ingredients. Too easy.


Below is the end result...it hit the hot summer spot. I used my Krups ice cream maker and it took less than 15 minutes for it to get slushy. I had these great Tupperware parfait glasses in the back of a cabinet and decided they would be perfect for serving the Orange Sherbert. The cool thing about the glasses is they have a bottom that you can pop off and just put the glasses in the freezer laying down on their sides. When you want to serve your Orange Sherbert, you just pop the bottom back on to the glass and you are good to go.

Thanks Ed for such a simple tasty recipe!

5 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

Now that would definitely hit the spot this afternoon!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

s'kat-I still have two more in the freezer and am thinking about using that as a snack when the chips call my name. It's tough trying to make better food decisions! Did I tell you how excited I am for you working for the paper? I think it's so cool! Maybe some weekend we can meet at the W. Farmer's Market and have some wine!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Vickie - Aww. That's so sweet. I hope you enjoyed the sherbert! I always enjoy checking your blog, too, and reading about all your adventures (both culinary and canine). Just a heads up, I'll definitely have a post this weekend that I'll be sending to Sweetnicks for Weekend Dog Blogging.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Deetsa said...

How cool that the recipe is so adaptable and good for you (if you want it to be). I really enjoy sherbet so I think it would be high time to learn how to make it. This would be a good recipe to start with.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Ed, I just love that recipe. I was brainstorming while it was whirling around and was thinking about a mixed berry one. You would have to cook the berries with the milk and sugar and then strain them for the seeds. I thought that might make an interesting sherbert. Thanks for the steal and the head's up about WDB.

Nerissa, I am thinking about using a different kind of Splenda next time to see if that will work also. I miss eating sweets so this was great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home