The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Veganism
I have been lucky enough to cook for some folks who come down once a year to vacation in my fair city. This is my second year to cook for them and if I get lucky I will be asked to come back for a third year.

One member of the family has a medical reason that he eats Vegan. For those of you who are meat eaters, that means that nothing with a face is consumed, even honey for some vegans. So I get to play once a year with different grains and vegetables that I don’t usually cook for my meat eaters. So they try new things and I get to enjoy learning new things as well.

Usually I make 5 salads, and 4 dinners with a slew of sides to go with each dinner. I didn’t repeat a lot this year. So there were some new things for them to try and hopefully fix once they get home. I always print off the recipes and leave them with the family. So here we go through the things that I fixed for the last three days that I cooked for the family.
Monday


Stuffed Eggplant

Cucumber, Mango and Spinach Salad


Avocado and Black Bean Salad


Quinoa with Green Beans and Carrots

Zucchini Salad with Tomato Dressing and Pinenuts

I wanted to post more pictures but I think I have capped out on photos with blogger for today. I have some more pictures and will post them when I can!

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Hi Vicki - Loved your crab cake story - I agree with your friend - there is NOTHING like fresh Dungeness crab - canned doesn't even come close - Your Vegan dishes looked yummy - not that I'd ever get my DH to enjoy them - (he'd eat them, but he's kind of a meat and potatoes kind of guy.) I used to sell Pampered Chef, so I'm a pretty inventive cook - potlucks are the worst dilemma for me - do I take something fun to make - or something practical that I know my DH will eat (in case there are too many "wierd" things there) LOL - Well, I've got "miles to go before I sleep" so to speak - Later. Tina

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Tina-I am married to a devoted meat eater, but Vegan dishes would make great sides for meat eaters. Maybe your hub would be more accepting of the food that way? I try anything to get us to eat more vegetables. It's a chore but sometimes I hit the jackpot.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

All of these look scrumptious and healthy and fresh, especially for the summertime! I've been trying to up our veggies lately too, I don't think it's that hard to do if you can make dishes like these that are filling and delicious! Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home