The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Farmer Brown's Garden
I have to say that one of the most postive influences blogwise in my life is my blogger friend Susan at Farmgirl Fare. I can't remember how I stumbled on to her blog, but it was a stumble that has changed my life for the better. I have learned a ton about sheep and gardening by reading her blogs.

One thing has lead to another...first came the spinning,




then knitting,

then a love for sheep and now a city dwellers garden.
Since we have four dogs we wanted to keep them out of the garden and hub came up with a nice idea for a little fence. I wanted a gate and he made that happen too. I wanted raised beds and again, he made that happen. I guess I am just the idea "guy" for the project. I did buy some seeds but there weren't enough so...you guessed, hubby bought more. So basically this is hubby's garden and I am just a spectator. I will take a more active role when overtime eats away his time. I will be the one to go out a weed and water and probably pick the "fruits" of his labor.

I started with a Mesculin mix and didn't plant them in a large enough container. I think I also got started too late in the season and my lettuce is still very tiny. I will do better next year. Now that we have five raised beds, I can do the lettuce in one of them so we actually get something to eat.

June 14
I have been trying to post pictures for several days on both my blogs and nothing is loading. I am way past frustrated and now my blood is boiling! So I can't post the pictures of what the garden looks like in all the stages up to this date. I will keep trying to please hang in there with me.

5 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

Nice work, hubby! I never think about planting lettuce until its too late, either. Still, you've got a nice little bunch of micro-greens going!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

I am totally over Blogger because I have not been able to post any pictures for two days now. I have pictures of what the lettuce looks like now and it's gotten bigger. While we were away everything doubled in size! Amazing what rain can do.

I am so excited for you and your new job. I hope it pays better than being just a plain 'ole blogger! lol! Isn't it wonderful that someone else will pick up the tab for the food and wine now? Is this a dream job or what??

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ha! This is like our garden! I wanted one...LB planted it, weeded it, fenced it...kind of like "our" wine...although I picked most of the berries (which he'll argue against, but it's true!), he made the wine - he calls it "her pleasure, his labor!"

Blogger's been giving me troubles too - sometimes I can't even check anyone else's sites! I love the scarf - very cute! Susan was one of the reasons I started a blog too!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Michelle, I saw that blogger was dealing with some photo uploading issues as of late. I haven't been able to post the photos that I want about my trip to Texas. I have been writing but have not photos in place.

The garden is growing right along. A rabbit munched down on three or four of our young cornstalks and turned up it's nose at them. So...we have been plotting against the rabbit. Maybe chicken wire around the little white fence. But then again, it's only a few things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home