The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Going Nuts!
I have a new part-time job and time is more in shortage than it ever was. Cooking now is much more of a challenge with this new job and with hubby doing lots of overtime and playing golf. This recipe is a great one for time starved working folks like us and I know some of you. I found this at the grocery store where I shop for my clients and look forward to the new pamphlets when they come out.

I am nuts about nuts so this recipe turned me on! Hubby isn’t so wild about nuts but he ate it anyway.

Pistachio Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese Medallions
Serves 4


4 boneless, skinless, split chicken breasts
¼ cup plus 2 TBS dry Italian-style breadcrumbs, divided
¾ cup chopped pistachios, divided
Purchased Roasted Garlic or Creamy Italian salad dressing, divided
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 (logs 3.5 ounces each) Chevre (goat cheese)
4-5 cups mixed salad or baby spinach

Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly with meat mallet to even thickness. Line shallow baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine ¼ cup breadcrumbs and ¼ cup pistachios in shallow dish. Place ¼ cup salad dressing in another shallow dish. Dip chicken breast in salad dressing to coat, drain off excess and then dredge in pistachio mixture. Repeat with remaining breasts. Place breasts in single layer on prepared baking pan. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes to set the breading.

To prepare the goat cheese medallions, combine remaining 2 TBS breadcrumbs with remaining ½ cup pistachios and pepper in shallow dish. Place ¼ cup salad dressing in another shallow dish. Cut each log of goat cheese into six equal slices for a total of 12. Dip cheese medallion in dressing and then dredge in pistachio mixture, turning to coat all sides. Repeat with all cheese medallions. Place in a single layer on plate, cover with plastic wrap and freeze 10-15 minutes. May be prepared ahead and refrigerated for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 350. Bake chicken 20-25 minutes for until temperature on meat thermometer reaches 160F or juices run clear when pierced with knife.

To make warm goat cheese medallions, preheat grill pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add medallions, lower heat to medium-low and grill about 1-2 minutes per side. Outside of medallions should be crispy while inside remains soft and creamy. May be cooked in heavy skillet instead of grill pan.

To serve: toss salad greens with desired amount of remaining dressing. Divide among four plates. Top each salad with sliced chicken breast and garnish with three warm goat cheese medallions
.
This is a super easy recipe to fix. It's great for a summer lunch and it heats up the next day beautifully. Even the goat cheese medallions are just as good the second day.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Melissa, I love anything with goat cheese and love sun-dried tomatoes. I snack on them when I know I am about to overeat.

I would love to sit down and have a huge pot of tea, but there is always something that needs to be done around here! Never a dull moment. I hope you are doing well!!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Deetsa said...

I love warm goatcheese on salad. I had my first version of that in France and I've been a fan since.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Nerissa-I am lactose intolerate and pretty much the only milk and cheese that doesn't make me sick is goat cheese and milk. I don't drink goat's milk, but dearly love goat's cheese. I don't eat that much of it but when I do, I just fall in love with the stuff all over again! Any way you eat goat cheese, is great, warm or cold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home