The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Still Here
I am still around, but I have been extremely busy. Cooking and taking pictures have been the last things on my mind. I have been working for a weekly Zone client. If anyone knows anything about the Zone diet, you know it's a lot of chopping, dicing mincing, etc. Not to mention the amount of shopping for fresh product it requires. Then I picked up an Extreme Fighter and he had an even more detailed diet. It was supposed to be a 12 week diet but, he pooped out after only two weeks. So that freed up one day of the week that is now gone this week with my yearly "at the beach" clients from NY and CT. I still have my three day a week grocery store job and the in-store demos for my local Fresh Market grocery store. As if that wasn't enough, a teaching position I applied for earlier this year has opened up and I will be teaching for 5 weeks starting the end of this month. I had not counted on that job starting until mid May next year. Plus I have been trying to squeeze in some knitting for Christmas presents for friends and family.

I haven't been doing any cooking worth posting on the blog. I have just been doing your basic "get by" cooking. So this all explains my long period of silence here. I am sorry but it's going to be a bumpy summer and the fall isn't looking too smooth either. I will be attending my yearly Personal Chef conference where I will be teaching a ServSafe class and then it's home again to resume the hectic pace. I will try to post things as time allows so don't give up on me!
Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger CookingDiva - Chef Melissa said...

Hola Vickie!!! glad to hear from you! It sounds like your days do not have enough hours...I feel like that sometimes, and quite guilty for not posting too.

See you at the PC Conference!
Un abrazo,
Melissa

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Never enough hours in the day for sure - glad to see you post - I've missed your point of view.

With all the heat we've been having & with John being so sick, I've just resorted to chicken tenders for the past few dinners. I'm beginning to feel like my middle name is Henny Penny.

Take care - don't work too hard. T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home