The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, April 23, 2007

TV Dinner
I know that I watch way too much TV. I loved it as a child and that habit has carried over to my adult life. That might explain why I pack on the pounds so easily. I have to confess that I am not an out door type of girl. I like to be in the house during the winter with a roaring fire and a hot cup of tea. I love being in the house in the summer because frankly, I am not built for a bathing suit and I burn quickly. Spring sparks something in my core to dig in the dirt only to retreat to the house the minute it gets hot or someone mentions the word summer. I hate to be hot. Heat and humidity makes my hair look like a poodle has taken up residence. So TV is my faithful friend.

I love TV so much that once while visiting my husband’s family in Dallas I squealed with delight when I found out that they had that network that I had been hearing about; The Food Network. I could not take my eyes off of that TV almost the whole visit. I was smitten. I used to be a pretty faithful watcher of the Food Network until work increased and there was a struggle between paying bills or watching TV. Guess which won?

Yesterday I had a store demo so I really didn’t push myself to do too much around the house. So I sat and knitted and watched TV. Hubby had the remote and he flipped it over to The Food Network. We got to watching Tyler’s Ultimate. For some reason, my hubby couldn’t resist that show. I have long known that Tyler graduated from my almamater, Johnson & Wales. We did not attend school at the same time nor the same campus but there is a loyalty there to other grads for me. So I watched. I looked over at hubby and he was plotting. You know the look. I had a feeling that wasn’t going to be good for me, after standing in one spot in a grocery store for three hours. I was going to have to come home and cook DINNER. UGH! Yesterday was my 6th day to work in a row and when you stand on your feet all day, the very last thing you think about is how can you stand up another two hours doing dinner. Really! I love to cook but when your feet are begging for a day off…

So guess what? I stood in the kitchen for two hours and did what hubby wanted. He doesn’t ask too much from me, ever. So I had to do this. All the recipes talked about here can be found at the Food Network. I really did not want to have to type all of the recipes so please follow the link. Here is what we ate…
Baked Rigatoni with Eggplant and Sausage


This was easy to make and boy was it ever wonderful. Hubby bought the best fresh morezzlla he could find. It took two of these for the recipe...
It wasn't bad enough he wanted to make a main course but half way through that, another recipe was thrust upon the kitchen cart and I had to make a side dish. Well, I made two; one with a recipe and the other without. The recipe that was on the show for this is here...
Then he wanted dessert. I have created a culinary MONSTER!




When it was all said and done...dinner was fabulous. Hubby has had his remote control privledges revoked. I have to get over the 2 1/2 lbs I gained from this wonderful meal.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Hmm - that looks yummy - it would have to be baked with egplant & hamburger tho - Mr. Meat & Potatoes doesn't like sausage :-( That would probably work tho, don't you think? So, did you get to watch Dancing with the Stars?
I'm torn between Apollo Ono & John Ratzenberger :-)

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Tina-hamburger would do just as well. If I ever don't have the sausage, I would use hamburger. Yes, I do watch Dancing with the Stars. I missed Heather getting the boot. I think that John or Bill Ray need to go. I am not fond on Ian because he seems so smug. Who would not love Apollo??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home