The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Belated Valentine's Day
I know this is late but I still feel the love. This week had two special days for me. The first was my 28th wedding anniversary and of course the second was Valentine's Day. I wanted both days to be really special but they were subdued. Sadly hubby went to bed early and I sat up and knitted. He has been working some different hours this week. So we are looking forward to the weekend to do something different. I did manage to do this...


I know that the green crowns of the strawberries are dried out. I bought them a bit too early and then waited too long to dip them, but believe me-it didn't affect the taste one bit. We stood at the kitchen island before going to bed eating strawberries dipped in horribly cheap chocolate and enjoying every bite. There were no roses, no champagne, no high priced gifts, but love that was shown every day of this past year and 27 others before. While I love the idea of Valentine's Day, I know that I am loved every day when my bad foot gets rubbed, a fresh cup of coffee is poured and brought to me when I am pinned in by three dogs sitting in my lap while knitting, and by just by being present in the smallest of moments every day.


I love you honey. Thank you for 28 wonderful years! You still make the best cup of Saturday morning coffee I have ever had.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

That is very sweet, Vicki! Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Oh, that's so sweet - and those strawberries look scrumtious! Happy Anniversary - 28 years - that is great! T.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Vickie - Happy belated 28th anniversary. That's so inspiring to hear of a relationship that is still going strong.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger CookingDiva - Chef Melissa said...

Felicidades Vicki! and happy anniversary...28 years spent that way sound like a blessing.

Un abrazo,
M

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Thanks everyone. I joke with my hubby that we are dinosaurs. I think that long marriages are a dying thing. I see now why everyone celebrates an anniversary. It's just their way of saying, "We made it through another year without killing each other!"

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

You're 2 years ahead of us - our 26th was on the 7th. Congrats! And send me some of those strawberries!!!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Cyndi-so we are an endangered spieces together? How cool is that? The strawberries were hot house ones, and while they were in a treat during the winter they don't taste as good as the ones we can pick here. I am hoping that in May when they are ready, I can go and pick some that have more flavor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home