The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Parmesan Worms
I am probably why manufacturers put warning labels on things. Having to idiot proof everything knowm to man is because there are folks like me who open up a box and skip the directions. I am just so excited to get the gift that I want to set it up or try it RIGHT NOW.

A nice, nice person that I used to work with gave me the loviest gift for Christmas. She and I have had endless conversations about how much we love our red Kitchen Aid mixers. I have had mine for years and it's still chugging along. Much to my total surprise, Becky gave me a gift for my mixer. I got a grinder. So cool. I decided today that I wanted to use it.

I really didn't have meat to grind, only a huge chunk of Parmesan cheese.
So, I cut the chunk down to a smaller size in order to get it in the grinding shoot. I have done this many times with food processors. No big deal... right? I started up the mixer and then I was horrified. I never counted on what happened next. It wasn't what I expected and certainly wasn't very pretty. I felt like a doofus. See below...

I got Parmesan worms. Okay now...if I had read this...
I would know that the two discs that came with the grinder, weren't meant for grating cheese. This is why if all else fails, read the directions. Lesson learned.

6 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, lets just add some flour and butter and TA DA! Cheese Straws - What a nice gift - think of the great hamburgers you can make next summer for your grill - yum - & you'll know what's in 'em!

Thanks for the kind words about the baby caps - they came together pretty fast (after I re-read and followed the directions a little more closely - that sound familiar? LOL)

I think blogger is trying to get all the "little guys" switched over - I only have 90 posts - so they can trouble shoot with switching ours over before they get to some of the bigger ones.

Have fun with your new toys! T.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Gee that never ocurred to me. I bagged it up and have it in the refrig. Maybe I can find a recipe.

Read directions? I only read them when knitting and crocheting. I am so excited about getting something new I don't want to waste time reading directions. Hubby will read them over and over and by then I have to take a nap.

I wondered about that blogger thing. I was willing to change over yesterday and it refused me so guess I will wait a bit longer. I have been blogging for about 18 months so I have a lot of posts too.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Lisa Fain (Homesick Texan) said...

I SO need a Kitchen Aid mixer!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

HT, my next grind will be meat for real chili grind Texas chili meat! I might read the directions for the grinder this time!

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post! Glad to know there's others like me out there. *lol* I love my (not red) Kitchen Aid mixer too. I don't have any of the attachments though, so this interested me.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Both yours are quite interesting. I visited The Virginia Purl first, and was going to leave a comment there, but I couldn't resist this one.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Thanks Leigh. You have the most wonderful pictures of weaving and I really loved the ones about the silk. I have some of those silk cocoons that I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool but have never done anything with them. I might have to go back to your site and re-read it to figure out how to use them. I just thought they were so cool. I have a silk scarf but have never done anything with that either. Thanks for coming by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home