The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Leavin' on a Jet Plane!
This is my annual working vacation. The United States Personal Chef Association will be holding their once a year conference in St. Louis, MO. I am so excited to get on that plane and have a fun filled 5 days talking about food and my clients. I will be teaching a ServSafe class to 50 students on Friday and then I will be attending some classes on Sat-Monday myself. I will get some see some old friends and make some new ones. I will get to talk to Mark Tafoya from the Culinary Podcast group. Mark is on fire with his Pod cast which just celebrated it's 50th episode. I called in and gave Mark a shout out. I was a bit shocked to hear my voice on his podcast. I sound like I am 12 years old.

Anywho, I won't be able to blog while I am gone because there just won't be time and I am not dragging the laptop with me! I am however, taking the camera and will try and take some pictures of places I eat. I know we have reservations at a Tapas place. I might just starve to death there...

Talk to all of you and will catch up on your blogs when I get back. Happy blogging, ya'll!

8 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Ms. V - Hope you have a FABULOUS time! Eat a tapas for me! Look forward to hearing all of your adventures when you return. Tina

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Have a great time!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Damn. I've been missing you! Stupid busy work (for me, not you). Have a wonderful, wonderful time on your trip - I can't wait to hear about your adventures in food!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Vickie!

So sorry to miss it this year; I'm sure you'll have a blast. Be sure to keep that Paul Penney in line for me!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hey Vicki...have a great trip! It sounds like it will be fun!

BTW, I love the sounds of your orange sherbet too!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Vickie - If you get a chance, make your way to Ted Drewes for frozen custard. And I bet the Missouri Botanical Gardens are really nice right now. And I do believe that St. Louis has one of the last remaining FREE zoos in the country.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Tina-it was a great trip! I have some pictures and the food descriptions for the last place we ate in St Louis. Hopefully I will have time to get them up there tomorrow.

s'kat-I have been reading your blog and it sounds like you have been your fair share of traveling too! I love eating at new places near and far.

Michelle-did your ears burn? I was talking about how we met and was telling everyone that I have planns to go to OR to crash the wedding!

Betsy-I sure missed seeing you at the conference. Despite what you will hear about the food, we had great time. Did you know we will be going to Philly next year. Now, that's a food Mecca.

Dawn, I am hoping to make some more sherbert by using that basic recipe with some other fruits. Before I know it there won't be anymore berries at the FM. So I guess I need to hurry!

Ed, I roomed with my friend Laura and she has family there. We talked about going for the Ted Drew's but we just flat ran out of time.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

so THAT's what was wrong with my ears all week!! (I can't wait!) BTW, we (I) used our picnic kit twice this weekend - once for a shakespeare play in the park, and another for a pampering day at a local winery! So I was thinking of you too and telling everyone where I got my awesome little carrying case!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home