The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005


Liquid Winter Love
I am a firm believer that love comes in many, many forms. In the spring it's endless days of rain to help those new green leaves go gang busters. The summer is more rain that nourishes the parched ground that is just begging for a cool drink of water. The fall brings hot coffee, homemade hot chocolate and flavored teas to settle down with in front of the fireplace. During the winter months, liquid love for me is in the form of SOUP and STEWS. I can't get enough of soup in the winter months especially if there is a piece of crusty bread to go with it.

This past weekend hubby was feeling wicked bad and I decided that chicken soup was called for. So I whipped out three boneless chicken breasts, three carrots, three stalks of celery, one onion, a handfull of frozen peas a hand full of dried parsley, three dashes of pountry seasoning, half a bag of left over egg noodles, and made Chicken Noodle soup.
It's nothing fancy, but it was hot and homemade and it hit the spot. What is it about Chicken Noodle soup or any soup that makes you feel like you are home?

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Vickie: Your chicken noodle soup sounds great! I made a batch a few weeks ago using leftover rotiserrie chicken. I also love matzah ball soup with shredded chicken. Mmm-mmm good.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Ilva said...

A good soup is rarely fancy I find, I llike them to be tasty and I want to be comforted by it and your soup is EXACTLY like that!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Vickie! I tried to leave comments yesterday but blogger wouldn't let me! Grrr... Your chicken noodle soup sounds great. Not only is it good for colds, but in my family, it's one of our holiday traditions. My mom always makes big batches of homemade chicken noodle soup and crab soup for Christmas eve, so to me, that always signals that I'm home!
I hope hubby is feeling much better after all that love!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Deetsa said...

ahhhh.. soup. I need me some soup. Thanks for inspiring me, Vickie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home