The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Going, Going...Almost gone...
While everyone is on the confessing mood I have one that you can see. I know that hardwood is the best kind of wood for a cutting board. I wanted a Boos cutting board but since the Power Ball Lottery tickey has not arrived, I went to Walmart and bought what I could afford. So it was small and cheap. What can I say, you don't get rich being a chef. So this is what I have been using for over three or four years now... but...I have a replacement thanks to the once a year birthday spoiling and numerous hints.

Ta Da!! Is this a thing of beauty or what?? Hubby bought me a nice, huge, new Bamboo cutting board. Of course I told him where he might be able to procure one, but that's besides the point. It's wonderful and is much easier to work on. Bless TJ Maxx and a $40 investment. I have to confess that I still would love a Boos, but this will do for a few years until the Lottery check comes in the mail.

6 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your new cutting board is gorgeous. I'm sure you are going to love it. I was just reading about bamboo cutting boards; I'd never heard of them before.

If you ever happen to be near the John Boos factory (in Illinois), be sure to stop in because they sell cutting board 'seconds' at extremely friendly prices. : )

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

WOW! Aren't you lucky to live so close to Boos. I would kill for one of their cutting boards but I know what they cost and right now I am saving for a spinning wheel. So you have to make some compromises! I wanted to tell you to come back to my site later. I have a post about your cake ready to go.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

OHHHHH it's so purrty! Good job, hubby! I'm impressed! Now, if I can just use a little of that magic on LB....

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Deetsa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Deetsa said...

What a lovely cutting board. And husband is so nice. He must train my fiance. Fiance thinks that kitchen related items are not birthday or Christmas-worthy. *sigh* So much work to do on him ;-)

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

DD-I used to love getting jewerly and girly things but I only have so many fingers and one neck, but you can never have too many kitchen items. Rings and necklaces don't usually wear out, but kitchen stuff does. So that would be a constant source of ideas for him. Just give him a list every year and then let him pick. After that, you just go out and buy what he didn't! lol! He will come around...it only took mine 26 years. Practice makes perfect.

Michelle-LB seems like he can do that gift thing. After all he did buy that perfect little pumpkin for you. He is trainable. Just needs someone leading him gently in the direction of kitchen purchases. Mine started with cards, then we moved to perfume, then down the path of things for the house and so on. I am working on vacation packages now. LOL! Germany, Norwary, Italy, France, you know...just something small. lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home