The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Zagat Rating for Burgers??
I don't recall ever eating somewhere that has appeared in the Zagat Restaurant guide. My very first place would have to be for burgers. I vowed not to eat at any nationally known restaurants. I can see from the Google search I just did, I screwed up. I have never heard of Five Guys before we went to Staunton, VA. To add injury to insult, I just looked up Virginia sites and there is one right here in my own city. I have got to get out more! Not too far from our hotel, we saw the Five Guys sign and I love hamburgers so we ducked in after the wine tastings and had something to eat. You have got to love this sign. So we went in and had ourselves the most unhealthy meal the whole trip that was the second best burger I have ever had. The best will be blogged about another time. The portion sizes are huge and just shouldn't be allowed to be that big. I thought I would order a large fry and the girl behind the counter said, that will serve 4. Okay, so I got the smaller size thinking she had no idea how many fries I could eat. OMG. I didn't finish all the fries, there were that many! The hamburger alone was enough and really half of that would have done the trick.
I had a great meal there and now since I have found there is a Five Guys here where I live, I will be going back. I might skip the fries (even though they were good) and eat only half the burger. I wonder how many points half a Five Guys burger would be on Weight Watchers??

7 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Vickie, I was LOL with your "OMG." That looks good! Forget the points! At least until after the meal. You can always do a "salad penance" later, right?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

LOL! Salad penance? You have got to be kidding? lol! I nearly burst when I ate that whole hamburger. I was dying for about 4 hours until it digested. Now the stupid thing is, I would do it all again. Well...maybe...yeah, I would.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

If you don't count the points, do the points really count? ;)

Sounds like a wonderful place! Too bad there isn't a Peninsula location.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Five Guys in VB is just down the street from my office. Obviously this is both wonderful (because the burgers are Awesome) and terrible (where, oh where, has my willpower gone?). My first time in, I got the regular cheeseburger before I knew that a regular was a double and a "little" is a single. I feel your pain on the fullness that lingered for hours. That beautiful, delicious burger pain.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I've never heard of Five Guys either (until now) but you can't really beat a burger and fries (unless you add onion rings to the mix, perhaps). Espresso Roma fooled me like that here...I thought it was a 'local chain' but lo and behold...nope.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

What kind of eatery is Espresso Roma? Burgers? I will have to go to Five Guys here where I live to enjoy half a burger this time. I swear I thought I was going to burst when I ate that whole burger in Staunton. I know that meat was not 93% fat free because nothing that tasted that good could have been good for me, but what the hey!

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicki,

I work at the Five Guys corporate office and just came across your blog entry. It is a compliment that a chef enjoys our burgers! We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home