The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Sad News
I got some sad news this morning. For those who have been reading this blog since I started in Sept, might have remembered reading a tribute I did to one of my clients, Mrs. Evans. Sadly Mr. Evans passed away in the wee hours of this morning. I want to extend my deepest sympathy to the whole Evans family for their loss. Mr. Evans had quite a wicked sense of humor and I enjoyed our banter back and forth when I got to their home to cook. He will be missed.

7 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh no! Deepest condolences to both Mrs. Evans and the rest of her family, and to you - it's hard to lose someone that you see so much, as they become somewhat like extended family. Big hugs from Oregon.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Thanks Michelle. I had asked the care giver to call me and sure enough around 9 this morning she called to give me the news. I was heart broken. That is a huge down side to what I do for a living. You get attached to these folks and you can't help it. They remind me so much of my grandparents and it's love all over again. So I am very saddened by this.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I know, I worked in the oncology unit in a hospital and my primary job was just to talk to people...it was really hard for me when they weren't there to talk to anymore, but I know that, like you, it made a difference to them that I was in their lives. I'm sure both Mr. and Mrs. Evans loved having you in theirs, and Mrs. Evans will need you now more than ever. Hang in there!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

I am so sorry to hear about Mr. Evans. The sadness you are feeling however, says alot about the type of person that you are and how much love you have in your heart to share. My deepest condolences.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Thanks for your kind words. I just hope that Mrs. Evans will be okay no matter what they decide to do. They have been thinking about assisted living. I think she would like it there because there would be other women her age for the to hang out with and being there would help to keep her spirits up. She is such a sweet woman.

Ed, did you enter your girl in the WDB?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Yes I did send a pic of Zoe to WDB. It's not the best picture of her, but I think it captures her "personality."

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

I left a comment on the picture of Zoe. She looks just like Eddy when he gets in the bed with us. I had all 4 on the bed with me this morning watching the news and tried to get their pictures. They just wouldn't keep still. I have lots of blurry pics. Maybe I will get a good one soon. Zoe and Eddy are the same age I think. Eddy was born in 1997, April, if I remember correctly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home