The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005


I Got a Blogger Present!!!!
I was sitting here in the office and I heard that familar sound of the mail man's truck. I ran down the stairs with doxies following me. They just love it when I go to the mail box and leave the door open so they can bark at anything they see; could be leaves, grass growing or just a shift in the wind. They don't care, because can see the street. I walked in my sock feet in the near dark to fetch the mail. I usually dread checking the mail, but today was the exception! I got a GIFT. There was a long box in the mailbox. Thank goodness we opted for the larger mail box years ago when we moved in here!!! Sure paid off today! Yeehaw. I actually screamed outside in the front yard. The two teenaged girl walking down the middle to street probably thought I had lost my mind! Who cares, I got a present!!!
I got a bottle of Oregon Chardonnay, a cute little jar of Pumpkin Blossom Honey, a pretty hefty bag of Oregon Hazelnuts and some Candy Caps (mushrooms) and a wonderful card from...Michelle my buddy from The Accidental Scientist. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It was so neat opening up the box and checking out all of the Oregon products. When Michelle has her birthday I will send her a Virginia box. I am collecting all the time! Michelle and I stumbled on to each other when we first started blogging in Sept. of this year. It's nice to see there are still nice people in this world! Michelle, you are a peach! Now it's off to the cookbook corner to see how I can best use what was so lovingly sent to me for my birthday. I am so excited I can hardly sit still the type this! Can you see me grinning from ear to ear and twitching with happiness??????? Whoohoo!

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're very welcome! I'm glad that everything made it in one piece (I told the post office I was sending honey so they would mark it fragile and I wouldn't have to deal with telling them there was wine in the box...I was sort of telling the truth!). I think I had just as much fun getting things together for you as you did opening it! Enjoy!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

It was awesome. I changed the honey name. I went downstairs to make the Squash Ribbons to go with our grilled Flank Steak and looked everything over again. I had it in my head the honey was Orange. Well it sort of was, Pumpkins are orange. Okay, so I changed it because I sure didn't want you to think that I wasn't paying attention!

I can't wait to use all of the food stuffs and have the wine after it's cold. It will require some fan fare. I think a nice Brie with some pepper crackers, a nice crisp apple and some smokey cheddar cheese and maybe a few walnut pieces on the plate too. I am so excited! Can you tell???

Thanks again!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

That's so cool..I'm happy for you! I can't wait to see what you think of your gifts when you cook/eat them!

We should do a cookie exchange at Christmas (that way, we could all scream outside when we got our mail) ;-)

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! And Oregon is such a neat place with so many culinary notable things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home