The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, November 28, 2005


Thanksgiving Snack
Since I didn't have to really cook a Thanksgiving dinner we more or less snacked once or twice over the Thanksgiving weekend instead of eating a full blown meal. I am a snacker. Nothing makes me more content than a crisp apple, a handful of walnuts, aged cheddar cheese, whole wheat crackers and a nice cold glass of wine. I could eat this way everyday, but try to save it for the weekends when we are busy. I got a great bottle of Chardonnay from Michelle at Accidental Scientist. This was an Oregon wine, which I don't get a chance to try very often so the bottle deserved the best setting for the opening. I saw a great recipe that would appeal to me on two different levels on TV. I saw Honey-Nut Glazed Brie and decided that would kill two birds with one stone. I could have my cheese and nuts all at once!! So I went to the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! site and printed off the recipe. I had everything that I needed so this would be a piece of cake. It was totally easy and hit the spot.
This is the end presentation. The wine was nice and had a mild oak taste. It mixed really well with a mouthful of Brie that had been sweetened with the walnuts with honey. I truly enjoyed this and even more so since the wine was a special bottle from Michelle. Since I fixed myself a snack I had to do something for the hubby too. Earlier on Friday we went to a huge craft fair in Virginia Beach. I love going every year and can always find some really great gifts for friends and family. Hubby loves his seafood and was really on to this kit from the Blue Crab Bay Co. We paid $11.95 for this kit, and then had to purchase the cream cheese and sour cream. The directions came stapled to the Crab Dip Blend packet. I decided that if we were going to eat this, we needed some healthy componet to it. I cut up several carrots into sticks and three or four stalks of celery. We stood around the cart and took a dip with the veggies and then decided that the way to go with this was crackers and not veggies. For some reason it just didn't go well with the carrots and celery. I was disappointed but we adapted and overcame. Hubby ate the dip with crackers. I bagged up the carrots and celery and guess what I am having my lunch today??? lol! We had a great time trying new things this past weekend. The only down side to all of this trying, was it all revolved around dairy. I think that if they made a Brie cheese with tofu I would be in soy bean heaven. Oh well!



4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Yum! Your snacks sound good. I'm the same way, I often just put together a plate a little foods to eat as a meal. Fruit, cheese, maybe some meat, crackers, nuts...mmm. You could always do a quick stir fry or chicken noodle soup with those veggies that were left over (in case you want something more filling for lunch!).

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My dear, those are two gorgeous presentations! I'm glad that you liked the wine - I haven't tried that particular one, but when I was at our local wine store, the guy said it was a great one, with not too much oak, but enough to give it a rich flavor. The brie sounds great...but I hope some day they come up with brie cheese that doesn't cause you any troubles!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The brie looks great, but I have seen that commercial for making it one too many times. :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

What a lovely little feast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home