The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

'Tis the Night Before...Thanksgiving!
I know that most of you out there in food blogger land are gathering up your supplies to make that wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Thankfully I don't have to do it a second time this month. We will have a scaled down version. There will be yet another roasted chicken, pumpkin pie, garlic green beans and some misc. mashed potatoes. I would love to have a pizza instead but I am guessing they will be eating with their families. So Happy Thanksgiving from the Brown family here in Virginia. I hope that you all eat well and enjoy the company you are with whether it be friends or family.

I am always looking forward to Christmas cards to look at the whole month of December. There was a knock at the door. The mailman? Yup! He had a brown envelope in his had and I signed for it. I was a bit confused because I haven't been shopping through the mail lately. I thought it was junk. I looked at the pretty stamps and then the fog began to lift. It was a present from a very far away place...Panama. OMGoodness.! What on earth? My friend, Melissa from Cooking Diva sent me a package. I am tickled pink. I have never mentioned to her that I collect things that are handmade for my Christmas tree. Commercial stuff is okay but I like things that have been touched my someone's loving hand. Guess what!!! I got the nicest box filled with loving items. There was a pig, dove, gingerbread man, two Christmas trees, solider, angel, Santa Claus, a cow and a cat. I just love them and you can bet they will be on my Christmas just as soon as I talk DH into dragging it from underneath the stairs. Thanks to Melissa. That was such a thoughtful thing for you to do. I am certainly shocked and very pleased.

Not only did I get this wonderful gift, but I baked. I know, I know, I haven't put food on the blog in a while but I had to make these to keep from cooking tomorrow morning. I made the Spicy Pumpkin Pecan Raisin Muffins posted by Farmgirl Fare (entry dated November 20, 2005). They were beautiful. I have eaten three already. Please don't call WW and tell them what I have been not counting for my points. Great muffins Susan! Man, I am sure glad you don't live closer to me. I would have to waddle down the road to visit the sheep!

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! See, you have friends that luv you from all over the world! Have a wonderfully scaled down T-day dinner (you're the smart one!) and in my own personal opinion, WW can just eat my cookies (and your muffins!) because this time of year there is just TOO much good food to pass up! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home