The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Fabulous Fudge Recipe
I have a well loved plastic recipe box sitting in my kitchen cabinet right above the coffee machine that is the keeper of all that is old and yummy. I was hankering chocolate yesterday and decided to see what I could whip up. I really didn't feel like being fussy or taking lots of time so I went to "the box". I really wish you could see how yellow the paper clipping is on that index card in the picture. I think I have been carrying that recipe with me everywhere I have lived for over 26 years.

The recipe for Fabulous Fudge came from Heloise.

Fabulous Fudge Recipe
4 1/2 sugar
1 can evaporated milk
8 ounces miniture marshmallows
18 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
2 cups pecans (broken pieces)
1 tsp vanilla

In a heavy, large saucepan, put 4 1/2 cups sugar and one large can of evaporated milk. Bring slowly to a rolling boil. Let it boil for no longer than 8 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add 8 ounces of miniture marshmallows, 18 ounces chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of butter. Stir until melted.
Add 2 cups broken pecan pieces and 1 tsp vanilla. Spread on a large ungreased pan and when cooled cut into squares.

I made this in a 13X9 pyrex dish and it took about three hours to cool and get firm. It's quick and would make a nice give-away for a plate to give to the neighbors. I usually do about 5-8 pieces and then an assortment of cookies.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Ilva said...

I'm ALMOST tempred to give my 25 yrs old fudge recipe and to try yours, maybe I can make both for Christmans!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home