The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, September 26, 2005



What's for Dinner?
I know that I am not unique at worrying about what's for dinner on a weeknight when I have to work all day. Mondays are my day off and I get to play that day. Today I had to work on menus for clients so playing had to be done while standing at the kitchen island watching Oprah. Since my refrigerator is over stocked with veggies, I have to cook them here pretty quick. So tonight I decided that I would do some stir fry and chicken satay. I fell in love with Satays of all kinds when I lived in Japan as a kid. So tonight is a Chicken Satay on the grill, Snow Pea and Mushroom stir fry and a bowl of sticky rice. I will make a dipping sauce of soy sauce, Sake, scallions, garlic, and ginger. I never measure any of this so it's hard to tell you what portions to use. Since my husband takes his lunch to work everyday, I try to make at least enough to have three portions. I used snow peas (a few handfulls) half of a red bell pepper, 3 extra large button mushrooms (I would have used something else if I had it on hand), three or four scallions, two garlic cloves, 1 medium carrot (very thinly sliced) and a 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and minced. Then I pounded the boneless chicken breasts and cut them into strips cutting them against the grain of the breasts. When I cook the satay on the grill I cook them just to the very point they are cooked. Below are the finished products.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yummy! Sounds great! That's so cool that you lived in Japan as a kid! For how long? And what exactly is a satay - just meat on a stick? I know I like them...

I'm amazed that your grandmas used the ground and the streams to preserve food! That's amazing! I never even thought about people in my lifetime having to do that!

Check out the latest post on my site - it's just for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home