The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Distracted...Again!
Since I had to work yesterday, I decided that it would be great that I take pictures of what I cook. Well shoot! I got so distracted by my client that I did the before shot and not the after too. I wanted to show what something looks like when it's prepped and then show the fruits of my efforts.
I think I have the attention span of a gnat these days. I was in the "zone" until my newest client laid it on me that she is pregnant...with #4. I don't know who was more shocked, her or me. She is horrified to have to tell friends and family that she is expecting baby #4 when #3 is 2 1/2. I assured her that it didn't matter what everyone else thought. Thus the distraction about the after picture. I can tell you about it though. The bowl of zucchini was spread on an ungreased sheet pan and then roasted in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. I took a spatula and flipped everything over and stuck it back in the oven for about another 10 minutes. It turned out nicely (you'll have to take my word for it since...well you know...ugh!). Tomorrow I will be working for the sweetest elderly couple and maybe then I can gather myself and have before and after pictures.

Roasted Zucchini, Mushrooms and Onions-D-LS
Serves 8
6 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick-about one pound total weight
3 cups mushrooms, sliced (I used button but something more earthy would do as well)
2 medium onions, sliced and separated into strips
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning (I NEVER just use 1 tsp. I think I use more like 1-1 1/2 TBS-I would rather use fresh everything but it wasn't possible)
Preheat the oven to 450 (Yes this says 450 but I only did 350 which took longer but I was talking so there you go)
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
Coat your sheet pan with non-stick spray and spead mixture evenly on sheet pan.
Baked for about 15 minutes and then slip ingredients over and put back into the oven for another 15 minutes or until desired doneness.

The notation after the recipe name is my way of knowing that this is a Diabetic recipe that is also Low Sodium. I have a lot of special diet clients and it helps me to use those notations when menu planning. This recipe came from an automated service of FREE Diabetic recipes from the Diabetic Gourmet Magazine at http://www.DiabeticGourmet.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home