The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005


As Promised

As promised I made the wonderful recipe of Michelle's at http://accidentalscientist.blogspot.com Since I am really lactose intolerant I had to make some changes to the recipe...okay only one. I forgot to buy the cream to put in the potatoes but I think for my physical comfort level that was a good thing. So I substituted my Lactaid milk for the cream, but I did buy some white cheddar. You should have seen me out in the front yard in my bare feet in the dark clipping fresh chives. I also used three scallions. The skin on the potatoes added texture and of course more color. I thought really hard about all that butter, turned my head, covered my eyes with one hand, and dumped that whole stick in there. What can I say, it was every bit as good as I had hoped.

8 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

ohhh, the white cheddar sounds like an awesome addition. didn't it kill you later with your lactose intolerance? my dad is like that and i'm hoping i don't develop it later in life like he did. i know, a whole stick of butter is brutal, but it sure does taste good if you 'conveniently' forget it's there! looks delicious!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Michelle, I ate the leftover potatoes this afternoon when I got home from work. They still taste as good as last night's batch. So far I am alive to tell the tale. I have been lactose intolerate for about 20 years. You learn to pick your milk battles. Butter and yogurt don't bother me. I pay dearly for cheese and ice cream. So I just plan well for the after effects if you get my drift! lol! So what new recipe are you going to post now that I must try. I have made the Yellow Squash recipe 6 times already. Now it's must for every client! Killer stuff!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Vickie! So glad you like the squash so much. You could try the Watermelon Granita on my site today (it came from Shauna, at Gluten Free girl)...sort of like ice cream, but no dairy and still delicous. Stay away from the root veggies with couscous though... it's rainy this weekend, so I plan on doing lots of cooking! Have a wonderful one!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I almost forgot to tell you! Your link to your friend's website isn't working (Decorated Chef?)...I was recommending it to someone else and noticed...

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

OMGoondes. I had no idea the link isn't working. Okay, I will check it out and hopefully fix it. I am new at this stuff so it's very iffy for me.

I am posting tonight's dinner later after hubby gets home. He is bringing me the stuff I need to finish with. I saw your post earlier today and I want to know what a CSA box is. The Granita looks wonderful and I collect watermelon things so you know how much I love watermelon. I will have to give it a try. I think I am your official second hand recipe tester here! lol!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vickie! I prepare and store my pesto the same way----I learned it from Judi Eidam :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

That is so funny that you store the Pesto the same way. I have been doing things like that for years. I can't remember who told me about this method. I know that you can do tomato paste the exact same way, which I do. I hate opening a can and wasting the leftovers!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I lived in Kanto Mura from 72 to 73, I wonder if we crossed roads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home