The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The “Seven” Meme
I was tagged by Melissa at Tasty Design for this Meme. I have seen others where you only name 5 things. I like coming up with a list of 5 things. My attention span for 7 is just way too short these days. I am cooking for living, learning to spin, learning to knit, crocheting a table cloth that is nearly finished and trying to keep up on my blogging. My brain is on activity overload! How about you guys??

7 Things to Do Before I Die
1. I would like to be less heavy than I am
2. Go back to France and take more cooking classes
3. Become a sheep shepherd
4. Scuba dive with the sharks in the Grand Caymans
5. Learn to dance
6. Write a book
7. Speak fluent French

7 Things That I can not do (or do not enjoy doing)
1. I hate cleaning house (mostly my office)
2. Dance without leading my partner
3. Can’t sing very well unless a bucket or shower are involved
4. Sit-ups
5. Self editing my mouth
6. Saying I am sorry and meaning it when I know I am right
7. Being more patient my youngest son

7 Things That Attracted Me to Blogging
1. Documenting what I cook
2. Spreading the word about Personal Chefs
3. Trying new foods and photographing them
4. Making new friends
5. It’s something that I can do without knowing too much technical stuff
6. Reading what others have to say started me blogging
7. Seeing how others eat, play and live from other parts of the USA and other countries

7 Things That I Say Most Often
1. Get down
2. Get a grip
3. Oops
4., I don’t think so; think again.
5. 6. 7. All four letter words that I won’t put up here; use your imagination

7 Books I Love
1. The Sue Grafton ABC series
2. Patricia Cornwell books
3. Living The Simple Life by Elaine St. James
4. A year in Provence by Peter Mayle
5. Salt A World History, by Mark Kurlansky
6 Storey’s Guide to Raising Sheep by Paula Simmons & Carol Ekarius
7. Ann Rule books

7 Movies That I Watch Over and Over
1. Nemo
2. You’ve Got Mail
3. Any kind of an action, murder movie
(I don't remember half of the movies I have seen and never buy DVDs because just as soon as I do, they will come out with a better way to watch movies and then I will have to buy yet another player of some sort. 8 tracks, need I say more???)

7 Bloggers That I Am Tagging
I would love to tag more bloggers, but I think that everyone I know has already been tagged! I really need to expand my horizons! lol!


5 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You took cooking classes in France? That's so cool! Where? What did you cook? How fun! I lead LB when we dance too - we don't dance very well, because neither one of us knows how to lead! I've heard the book about Salt is really good - now I've got a reputable source, so I'll have to check it out! And you made me giggle with your 8 tracks comment - I don't buy the dvd's either...the only video I ever bought was "Braveheart" and then they came out with DVDs, so I quite. Great list, Vickie, it's always fun to learn about you!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

I went with a non-cooking friend and we spent 4 days in Provence at some villa way in the country. We had a blast and I drank my weight in wine and never once got snockered. I ate Rabbit for the very first time there and I did like it. It was a little stringy and dark like chicken thighs and drumsticks.

The book about Salt takes a while to read but you learn where our common every day expressions come from like "She's the salt of the Earth". Or "She's worth her weight in salt". I loved that part about the book. I love history and this is really a great lesson in salt and where it comes from. I can't recommend it enough.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Pardon me?? You've tagged everyone you know?? What about the guy who got you started in blogging? :-P

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

OMG! You like such silliness? lol! Okay, I stand corrected!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

I don't, know...I've just never been tagged before, so I wouldn't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home