The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Ahhhhh...Spring is here...peep, peep, peep

I know this is going to be an odd post and it really has nothing to do with my cooking or lack there of lately, but I couldn't resist. I know that the first day of Spring was yesterday. I know not because the calendar says so but, because of those babies above. Ever since I ate my first one as a child, I have loved this silly over sugary, grainy marshmallow treats. I have been a faithrul eater not eating the ones that come out at any other holidays like Halloween. I have standards and am loyal to a fault to the Peeps. I did have to bend my standards when the little bunnies came out and I might have eaten a Peep egg once or twice, but that is where I draw the line in the fine yellow sandy sugar!

7 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Ilva said...

They are so pretty Vicky! But I'm convinced that there must be a macrofunction on your camera! Check it out and use it! NOW!!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're so cute. I just read today that 78% of Americans eat the ears off of sugary bunnies (peeps and chocolate) first thing - and I see you're one of THOSE. I like the peeps too - how could one not?!

And your charcoal brick looks like something I would do to a potato too!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Mona said...

i looooooooove peeps! check out orangesarefree.blogspot. my friend violet decorated her peep-esque marshmallow candies. it was hilarious. i love peeps but i'm an even bigger sucker for the cadbury eggs. i know, some people love 'em or hate 'em but i LOVE 'EM!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Vickie - I think you should host a contest where everyone has to use Peeps in their recipe. Peeps smores, perhaps?

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That is so funny! My brother-in-law likes those, too, but I've never really gotten into them. I probably should've started when I was a kid.

Check out these peeps witnessing the destruction of a fellow peep: http://www.goodspeedupdate.com/wp/peeps.jpg

and check out the peeps fun bus: http://www.gothamist.com/images/2004_04_peepsfunbus2-thumb.jpg

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Aw, Dawn, that first one...that's just WRONG!! ha ha ha

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Dawn, I can see someone loves the microwave as much as I do, NOT! My goodness what an gooshie mess. The second one was really funny. Who knew that there was a Peep Fun Bus? Here I just thought they tasted good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home