The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Weekend Cat Blogging #38
Head over the Eat Stuff and see lots of lovely kitties from all over the world. Thanks for hosting all of us Clare!

I am a new knitter and my family will benefit from it, but I think Bailey thinks she will really benefit. She is a rescue from our local city pound. When I adopted her she had no hair on her body except her head, the tip of her little skinny tail and some on her paws. When they found her she had a collar so they kept her 10 days. She was two days away from kitty heaven when I applied to adopt her. I think she was a well loved cat who got out of the house and the owners flat couldn't find her. She had be declawed (please no comments about that) and was spayed. If the dog catcher hadn't picked her up I think she would have starved to death.



We dearly love our rescue kitty. She is so grateful to have been saved and she returns that by putting up with four dogs who always want to tackle her and lick her all over. Bless her heart!

8 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Fran said...

What a sweet kitty!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Bailey is a very sweet and timid girl. The dogs drive her nuts so we put her kitty bed, food and water up high so she could get some peace from the monsters! I have never had a Seal Point Himalayan, but I would get another one any day of the week.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Cate said...

We grew up with all different Himalayans (Seal Point, Flame Point, etc.) - gorgeous cats!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

She's gorgeous, and what a sweet story!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I didn't know you had a kitty too - she's got to be so patient dealing with all those pups!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Actually I have two kitties. Both are rescues. The other cat is extremely camera shy and just as unfriendly. I am hoping I can catch her off guard and get a photo for the Cat Blogging Weekend. Bailey can hold her own and I am constantly explaining to the dogs not to lick the kitty; like they understand this concept!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful for her that she now has a loving home. My cat loves it when I crochet, but she tries to snag my yarn, which makes it a little hard to get anything done.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

I know what you mean about the yarn snagging. I finally broke down and bought a plastic cube to put my yarn in. The cat is not happy about it at all. She will have to find something else to bat around the livingroom floor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home