The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Pasta
by Vickie
I have been hearing about this dish for years but never have made it and really wasn't sure about one of the ingredients in the dish. So I was watching TV and heard this dish mentioned in passing and decided that I had to make it to see what all the fuss was about.

I am an admitted carbohydrate addict. Anything that is a carb and bad for me in more than moderate amounts; I am all over it. Give me a white potato that has been boiled, sauteed, fried, steamed, mashed and baked! Bread, don't even get me started...

So here is my dish that I have now fallen totally in love with. It's such an easy dish to make any night of the week as long as you have some of the very basic ingredients. Cooking doesn't have to be complicated nor do the ingredients and that's why this dish is so perfect. This dish is very versatile. Meat eaters and Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians e can make this dish.


PASTA CARBONARA

1/4 lb package of mild Italian sausage
1/4 lb prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
1/2 cup minced parsley
3 well beaten eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 package thick spaghetti
Cook Sausage until almost done. Add prosciutto and parsley until all is cooked.
Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
Add to pasta the butter, eggs, parsley, meats, cheese and pepper. Mix well and serve immediately.
Just a warning about making this dish. When you add the raw eggs be sure that you are very careful because you can scramble your eggs. I made the dish above and did well without scrambling the eggs but got all creative the last time and scrambled the eggs. So you have to toss the pasta with the eggs very quickly.
Things to change: we added grilled sweet Italian sausage to the mix. We have even tossed frozen English peas into the mix too. This recipe can be used as a base to build on.
Have fun!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Ed Tep said...

Hi Vickie! Hope you and the gang are well. I love carbonara. Just out curiousity, which ingredient were you unsure about?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hello dear! I am ashamed to admit that I have never made pasta carbonara, nor even ever tried it! But it sounds and looks delicious - in fact, looks like it is from a restaurant (but then again, you ARE a chef!). Hope you are doing well, my friend!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope it's wonderful, and that your whole family can be together this year.

xoxo
michelle

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Thanks so much. I have been struggling with computer problems and finally broke down and bought a new computer. I am juggling between two; one with XP and the other with Vista. It's driving me crazy but until I can get everything to run on the desktop I will be using the two. Makes blogging complicated.

I hope that you had a lovely Thanksgiving. We limped through the holiday due to an almost oven fire from a heating element going nuts right when I was about to put the turkey in the oven. We everything had to be heated on the stove, microwave and the turkey cut into parts and grilled. It was a long day but we were thankful we had propane! lol! I have been reading your blog but need to catch up some more. Sounds like you love it there and have made some nice food blogging friends. Good for you!!
Virginia Hugs to you!
Vickie

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Oh my goodness... this made my mouth water!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home